Shelter / Kennel / Veterinarian Air Sterilization19 January 2017
Illness among animals especially dogs can be significantly higher when many of them are boarded within close proximity or kept within the same room or building. Airborne illnesses can easily be transmitted from one animal to another. Odors may cause issues when they migrate to other areas and affect staff and visitors.
Sanuvox Technologies’UV systems are the ideal solution for destroying airborne viruses and bacteria as well as reducing the concentration of unpleasant odors.
UV Bio-Wall QUATTRO *Shown here
S300FX-GX UV / HEPA System **Available
- Sanuvox proprietary system eradicates biological contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, germs & allergens
- Destroys chemicals & biological odors
- Multiple application UV systems can be used for both stand-alone and duct-mount installations
ANIMAL, KENNEL, SHELTER
OBJECTIVE: Substantially reduce odors such as ammonia produced by animals in kennels, shelters, pet stores and veterinarian clinics and sterilize the air to reduce the risk of airborne viral & bacterial infection between animals.
1. Stand-alone: Model P900 equipped with an 80 cfm blower; Model S300 with a 300 cfm blower or Model S1000 with a 1000 cfm blower. S300 & S1000 are equipped with filters to capture particulates, (pet hair etc.). A dual zone UVC/UVV lamp is standard. An “adjustable” oxidizing lamp is available.
2. In-Duct QUATTRO GX4 unit installed parallel to the airflow includes four UVC/UVV lamps, each with a one inch section of oxidizing UVV. Two of the lamp’s oxidizing sections are covered with removable foil, allowing for increased oxidation if necessary.
OPERATION: Each unit treats the air through recirculation in two ways:
1. The Germicidal UVC lamp portion destroys airborne biological contaminants (viruses, mold,
2. The Oxidizing UVV lamp portion reduces airborne chemical contaminants & VOCs through
GENERAL: SANUVOXTM PROCESS ON BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL CONTAMINANTS
1-ACTIVATION PHASE O2 + O* –> O* +O*
Ultraviolet photon energy (170-220nm) is emitted from a high-intensity source to decompose (break down) oxygen molecules into activated monoatomic oxygen. The rate of production or effectiveness of this process depends on the wavelength and intensity of its source.
2-REACTION PHASE:/ O*+P –> PO
The activated oxygen atoms (O*) are then mixed in the airstream; the process will react with any compound containing carbon-hydrogen or sulfur, reducing them by successive oxidation to odorless and harmless by-products. If airborne contaminants are outnumbered by the activated oxygen atoms, then there will be formation of residual ozone (O3) which will occur following the oxidation of normal oxygen molecules (02).
3- NEUTRALISATION PHASE: (also GERMICIDAL) O3+UV(C) –> O2+O*: O+O –> O2
- Ammonia NH3+O* –> N2 + H2O
- Indoor odors greatly reduced
- Reduce cross-contamination between animals
- Improved air quality
- Low maintenance
- Kennels, pet boarding and animal shelters
- Veterinarian Centers
- Zoos and pet stores
Download Application pdf file