Facility Air Sterilization18 January 2017
New Buildings are built tighter to save energy while older buildings are implementing new measures to reduce heating and cooling loss. Reduced fresh air also prevents dilution of contaminated air resulting in an increase of contaminants as they are now trapped inside and are continually recirculated throughout the space.
Hospital, School, Commercial and office Indoor Air Quality applications vary. From Hospital Acquired Infection (HAls), Sick Building Syndrome, absenteeism and work place productivity, Indoor Air Quality influences these facilities in many differents ways.
UV Bio-Wall In-Duct Air Treatment System:
- Help reduce airborne infection rates, building related illnesses, workpkace absenteeism while dramatically improving Indoor Air Quality
- Destroys up to 99.9999% of bio-chemical contaminants
- Compliments filtration
- Sanuvox provides detailed real-time kill rates and sizing calculations
- Tested by the US EPA and National Homeland Security to destroy
>99 9% of bio-contaminants on a single pass
UVGI AIR STERILIZATION
OBJECTIVE: Eliminate up to 99.9999% of airborne bio-contaminants including viruses and bacteria that circulate through the ventilation system without increasing the pressure drop resulting from high efficiency filtration.
EQUIPMENT: UV Bio-Wall UVC systems installed in the ventilation duct parallel to the airflow, allowing sufficient contact time that is required for airborne sterilization. The UVC intensity of each lamp can be measured in “realtime” with an optional UVC sensor, ensuring the required inactivation intensity will be delivered to the contaminant.
OPERATION: To create the sterilization chamber in the existing duct (up to 5 feet deep per unit), the walls are covered with an aluminum reflective material. The proprietary sterilization sizing calculations take into account: air velocity, dimensions of the duct, the UV lethal dose needed to sterilize the microorganism for the desired inactivation rate. The sizing calculations will determine the number and length of UV Bio-Wall(s) required. The optional UVC sensor will guarantee that the UVC emitted from the lamp will exceed the amount of UVC that is required at all times.
UVC GERMICIDAL PRINCIPLE:The 254nm UVC germicidal wavelength has been used for decades for sterilization and its effect on microorganisms is well documented. UVGI inactivates microorganisms by damaging the DNA structure of the microorganism, making it incapable of reproducing. The germicidal efficiency can deliver virtually a 100% disinfection rate. The system can achieve exceptionally high disinfection rates as a result of the UV Bio-Wall being mounted parallel to the airflow and the desired intensity is sized for each particular application.
- Low pressure drop, high efficiency sterilization
- Electronics-connected to a PLC and/or BMS
- Low cost compared to a HEPA filter installation with the additional blower requirements due to increased static pressure
- Lower maintenance and longer service intervals compared to a HEPA filtration installation
- Offices towers
- Private clinics, Veterinarians, etc.
- Schools, Universities, College, etc.
- Fertility Centers
- Commercial Buildings
Download Application pdf file