Extend shelf-life & deliver exceptional quality19 January 2017
Mold and bacteria can severely impact the delicate payload on its way to storage facilities and retail stores. Ethylene off-gassing causes fruits and vegetables to prematurely ripen & age dramatically shortening shelf-life.
Sanuvox technologies offers an exceptional cost-effective mobile air treatment solution that easily incorporates into any truck or tailer designed to destroy airborne bio-chemical contaminants including bacteria, mold and ethylene off-gassing.
Interceptor Mobile Air Treatment
- 12V operation
- Small 11”x15” footprint can be mounted in any location within the trailer
- Proprietary Sanuvox UV sterilization process incorporated into a mobile sterilizer designed to destroy bacteria, mold & ethylene off-gassing
OBJECTIVE: Destroy airborne contaminants such as bacteria, viruses and mold that may affect the integrity of produce in transit. Destroy ethylene which causes produce to ripen faster extending shelf-life
EQUIPMENT: 12V Interceptor Mobile Air Treatment System mounted inside a truck or trailer to sterilize airborne contamination & destroy ethylene gas. The UV system runs continuously bringing down contamination levels on an ongoing basis.
OPERATION: The Interceptor recirculates the air, where:
1. The UVC germicidal section of the UV lamp destroys airborne biological contaminants (viruses, mold, bacteria and spores)
2. The UVV oxidizing section of the UV lamp reduces ethylene, slowing down the ripening process of vegetables and fruits.
SLOWING DOWN THE CONTAMINATION SPREAD WITH UVC
Produce will degrade due to the rotting process. Rotting is caused by parasitic fungi and mold. Food deterioration begins with the breakdown of the cellular tissue by enzymatic action that allows the growth of microbes. Germicidal UV (UVC) is extremely effective at preventing the reproduction of bio-contaminants. UVC destroys airborne fungi, molds and their spores,limiting the contamination spread from one fruit to another. Meat, fish & chicken are especially vulnerable to airborne biocontamination. UVC sterilizes the air destroying contaminants as they circulate within the cold room.
RETARDING THE RIPENING PROCESS WITH UVV
Photo-oxidation with UVV can be used to reduce chemicals that trigger the ripening of fruits and vegetables. The life stages of a plant are influenced by plant hormones. An organic compound involved with ripening is ethylene, a gas created by plantsfrom the amino acid, methionine.
Ethylene increases the intracellular levels of certain enzymes in fruit and fresh-cut products, which include:
- Amylase, which hydrolyzes starch to produce simple sugars, and
- Pectinase, which hydrolyzes pectin, a substance that keeps fruit hard.
UVV oxidizes and thus neutralizes the ethylene molecules released by the ripening process, slowing down the spread of ripening to the surrounding produce.
This oxidation process breaks down ethylene into carbon dioxide and water vapor.
Ethylene C2H4 C2H4 + O* CO2 +H2O
- Extended shelf life for vegetables and fruits
- Sterilize airborne bacteria, viruses & mold
- Deliver a product that has been non-chemically treated
- Transportation of fruits & vegetables
- Cold storage rooms, groceries
- Fruit and vegetable retailers
- Fruit and vegetable warehousing
Download Application pdf file